Thursday, May 6, 2010

I see skies of blue....clouds of white, bright blessed days.... dark sacred nights


and I think to myself, what a wonderful world! It's so lovely outside. Deer hiding in the tall grass jumped as I walked across the deck this morning. A healthy young fox rummaging through debris on the burn pile, scampered away as soon as he saw me. A multitude of birds sang from the nearly bare branches throughout the orchard.

The walnut trees have a distinct red hue right now. The fresh new leaves emerge in a reddish brown burst and they will gradually transition to green. So far there are no signs of green walnuts. I believe this is the latest spring we've had in the past several years, but perhaps we say that every year! The grass is growing vigorously beneath the trees. I will have to use the tractor with the mower attachment to get it mowed down. I can't wait. It will smell so good and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment